Cervelo’s aero road handlebar that comes standard on their 2016 S5 aero road bike.
Saves you 4.4 watts, over standard round bars, at 50kph.
I’ve found that the bar averages about the same weight as a typical 3T Ergonova Pro alu ‘bar, for example, and is about 100g more than most other uber light carbon ‘bars.
However, the 4.4 watt saving (at 50kph) should negate whatever weight penalty there is, and I’ve found this aero bar very comfortable, too.
In a nutshell:
- It’s UCI Legal
- Reach: 80mm
- Drop: 128mm
- Weight: Approx 270g, depending on width
- You want (need?) to save 4.4 watts for crucial races
- You want a bar that looks different and looks good at the same time
- You want to complete the aero look on your aero bike
- You want Cervelo’s typical no-nonsense, no-hype, pure functionality that does what it says it’ll do
Don’t buy if:
- You have invested in a powerful (and usually expensive) front light system that can only fit on a standard round bar cannot be mounted on an aero one
What lights can I put on it? Where does my Garmin go?
- Ilumenox Slash front blinker
- Infini Lava front blinker. Mounted underneath the pointed centre edge of ‘bar, using the blinker’s stock rubber strap and bracket
- Got a Garmin? Use the Raceware Garmin mount for 2016 S5
Need more info? Drop me a note at this address: theo (at) bikesnbites.com