3T used a blend of lightweight and durable carbon and aluminum for the construction of the Ionic. For the shaft, 3T used ultra-stiff high-modulus carbon, which blends low weight, stiffness and comfort. Although stiff, carbon also helps to dampen the vibration from rough roads. The high modulus carbon is 3T’s top-of-the-line carbon. Atop the post, 3T uses it sophisticated Difflock seat clamp. This is a single-bolt clamp was built from alloy and it is compatible with saddles that have 7mm round rails. The splined design of the clamp makes setting saddle angle and setback simple and it requires only lightweight clamping to ensure that the saddle is secure.
- 3T’s zero-offset carbon post for comfort and gram dropping
- High modulus carbon fiber is durable and soaks up vibrations
- Stainless steel further bolsters durability
- 3T’ DiffLock seat clamp is secure and makes quick and easy adjustments
- The clamp works with round rails only, an accessory clamp is available separately for oval rails